Saturday 19 July 2014

We are family

Families ey, can't live with them.. Can't live without them!

I just thought I'd dedicate a post to my family! My family can often be up the wall so to say, who's can't? But where would you be without them ey, they drive you round the bend and make you want to pull your own hair out. But that's just family right?
In the past couple of months I've needed my family a lot; they've been my rock especially my parents and my sister Danielle, I don't think I would of coped if I didn't have them there to pick me up when I fell down.

Currently I'm not at home, I left on Tuesday and haven't been back since and it really hit me at the heart how much I missed home. I've had my own place before (twice) and recently moved back in with my parents so I could save to go travelling next year, and when it come to moving back home I thought I was going to absolutely hate it - I'd had my own flat for 6 months and it was gorgeous, I was used to my own space and being so independent that in some sense I was dreading going home; at 20 years old when I receive a texts saying "What time are you going to be home?" "Are you having dinner?" "Is the kitchen clean, I'll be home soon" - they make me want to head butt a wall (ha).

However saying that; it's when I got home I realised I'd missed those texts, I'd missed waking up to a family and having lunch and dinner together. Being harassed to take my shoes upstairs and bring the cups down out of my room, when I think about it just makes me smile. I am so fortunate to have a family around me to moan and argue with, I wouldn't know what to do with out them really - plus a massive bonus of being back at home is getting my clothes washed and my bedroom hoovered (sorry mum!) - I never really liked 'chores'.

So not to pull on the old heart strings too much I guess I just wanted to dedicate this post to any member of my family who reads it and just say thank you. Thank you for annoying me, thank you for waking me up with cups of coffee, thank you for cleaning up after me, but most of all - thank you for loving me, and all my flaws I wouldn't know what I'd do with out every single one of you.

So tell me about your families, what do they do that grind your gears so much that you'd happily poke them in eye (ha).

I know this post is a bit personal to just my family members, but it's a 'happy' post and happy posts always make me smile for other people, so even if it's not the usual gossip I have to offer or me pouring my heart out about my problems I do hope you like the read never the less :)!



























Until next time, TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment