Tuesday 29 July 2014

Dealing with stress

I thought that recently my blog got a little 'heavy' so to speak with it's content so I opted out of my 'Let's have a chat...' Series in order to start doing more, lack of a better word 'fun' posts whether that means I'm going to touch on my favourite beauty products or my outfit of the day - who knows, spontaneous living hey! Then it struck me that writing sed posts about these 'fun' topics became kind of stressful before it had even started, I worried my content wouldn't get appreciated as much as say a blog post which is giving some of you usuful advice or something that's a bit factual. 

I enjoy writing, I enjoy reading - my favourite kinds of blogs are the beauty and fashion ones so why was I letting it get to me so much? If you can answer that one for me I'll give you a medial. I need to be writing content I'm proud of and actually feel a sense of happiness when I upload, I'm not sure - maybe it's just a rough couple of days. I guess I see this blog as a sort of viral diary, I write what I'm thinking about and give you guys the pleasure of reading it.

So stress - something we all suffer with. There's no age that stress will stop, if anything what I've realised it grows with you and all your decisions - I've realised the best days were the childhood days and your biggest worry was whether some brat was going to get to play in the dolls house all afternoon so you couldn't. 

I think handling stress is a tricky topic, I've touched on it briefly in my 'Always Running' post and mentioned how sometimes the way I deal with stress is by running away - might I just add that is not the most ideal way to deal with stress but each to their own eh? 

I don't want this post to become depressing, I'm very emotional and fancied getting something posted, just so I could stress that it's okay to be stressed and it's how you handle yourself will cure it. Take yourself out of the situation that is making you stressed; if it's work related speak to your employee and try and figure something out together, if it's money go to your bank and see if they have any solutions for you - the simplest advice to give is to go to your loved ones and just talk. It's shocking how therapeutic it can be to just talk to somebody - you can go from feeling like you're carrying the world on your shoulders to feeling light as a feather. 
A problem shared is a problem halfed and I strongly believe that.

You're stress' aren't going to vanish over night, but you're never alone and there is always someone to help or a way to make it better. You weren't put on this earth to carry all the weight on your shoulders so don't feel like you have to. 

Something I need to practice what I preach is that the worst move you can make is to run, face everything head on and you'll thank yourself for it later on. 


Thanks for reading, until next time guys - 
TTFN 

No comments:

Post a Comment