Thursday 17 July 2014

Get your fit on

So summers here, do you have that ripped summer body yet? No, me neither!
I've never been a fanatic when it comes down to exercise, I don't think I've ever stepped into a gym nor do I ever plan to for that matter.
However I do appreciate a good body (who doesn't) so I started doing a quick, SEVEN minute workout that I can fit into any day, and even though it's only seven minutes long it's very intense and quite satisfying. So if you're like me and don't want to spend hours a day in the gym you too can simply do this workout in the comfort of your own home and you'll be fit in no time!

First off to get your body motivated and raring to go you're going to want to put some feel good tunes on, I find it always helps to work out with music on.

Lets go!
Step 1 - 30 Jumping jacks 
{10 second rest}

Step 2 -  30 second wall sit
{10 second rest}

Step 3 - 30 push ups
{10 second rest}

Step 4 - 30 crunches 
{10 second rest}

Step 5 - 30 seconds step ups 
{10 second rest}

Step 6 - 30 squats 
{10 second rest}

Step 7 - 30 Triceps dips
{10 second rest}

Step 8 - 30 second plank
{10 second rest}

Step 9 - 30 seconds high knee running in place
{10 second rest}

Step 10 - 30 lunges with rotation 
{10 second rest}

Step 11 - 30 push ups with rotation 
{10 second rest}

Step 12 - 30 second side plank with rotation 
{You're done!}

So there you have it; 12 very basic exercises that will work your whole body'. This routine is very intense and you're going to want to have a large glass of water with you for those 10 second breaks. Make sure you don't sit down once you're done, keep yourself moving or get a cold shower so those leg muscles don't lock up on you otherwise you're going to cause yourself an injury. In no way am I an expert on exercise or getting fit, I've never paid much attention to any sort of work out until this one, however it is only short and it's very manageable.
Let me know if you do try it and stick it out, any questions/tips/advice feel free to leave in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment