Sunday 24 August 2014

So what now?

So many of you are off to university this September I can imagine, and if you got into your preferred university on your desired course I think you owe yourself a pat on the back. 

University has always been a massive toss up for me, I don't have the best attention span/confidence so instead of trying and giving it ago, I just put it off. 

I think you need to find your neesh in life before you go getting yourself into thousands of pounds worth of dept, am I right? 

Its massive, especially over in the UK and other parts of the world to complete your A Levels and venture on into higher education. I think it's expected in most families now a days, and especially when you meet somebody new for the first time, more than likely one of their questions is going to be 'so what're you studying?'. 
There's a lot of pressure on the teens in our society these days unfortunately and I feel like university is something forced and pressured upon most rather than desired and wanted. 

Let's be honest with each other for a moment, we all have a reasonable opinion on why most teens go to university these days! The social life, duhhh!  
How many students across the UK leaving university with a degree of some sort go on to achieve their 'dream job' or something which ties in with their degree? 
Hmm.. Tough one! 

I'm 20 years old, I've studied a lot in my short 20 years and I've had more 'dreams' than you've had hot dinners. Each year since about 2005 the thought of my desired career has changed. My subject choices changed, my college courses were completed but I'd go back the following year and pick something else completely different. I started to think my family are thinking I'm just taking the p*** and I'm faffing around, and not achieving very much. 
- I'll hand it to them, that's partly true. At 20 it's only just dawned on me in the past few months what I want to do for the rest of my life, where I want to go and which career is the one I want to work my socks off to achieve. 

If you're not going to university this September don't beat yourself up, some people take a while longer to figure out their future, university isn't the be all and end all - just remember that. 
I don't believe in rushing into anything purely because it's expected. 
I believe if you aren't sure, don't jump. Take that time to figure out what you're really looking for, some of you may not want to go to university at all and shock horror - that's okay too. 

Your friends, family, cats or dogs, even the goldfish in the tank at the corner of your room should support you (hopefully) no matter what you decide to do with your life. 
You can't live your life to please others, otherwise you're never going to please yourself. 

Thank you for reading my short post, I promise more content will be coming - I've just had writers block over the past week (don't shoot me!). 

Take care my loves! 
TTFN 
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment