Monday 6 October 2014

A guide to an awesome Autumn!




I'd just like to paint you a picture right now - it's a really miserable typical British day and I'm sat in my boyfriends bedroom whilst he's in work and I am singing 'Elton Johns - Step into Christmas' carol at the top of my voice, because it's my all time favourite Christmas song, and Christmas songs are now acceptable to sing I feel.


For the longest time I can remember my favourite seasons are Autumn and Winter, I absolute hate Spring and Summer. I don't know if it's because at one point I was convinced I was Wednesday Addams (anybody who went to school with me, will confirm that). 
And so typically I wasn't into colour, or sun for that matter. So the colder more dark times are definitely my favourite. (I'm well aware I'm Kirstie now though, don't worry).

I feel like you should put Step in to Christmas on too really loud and sing a long whilst you read this blog post so we can all be as happy as I am right now. 


So a guide to Autumn? 
It's not a hard one but something I definitely getting enjoyment writing about, first off the fashion - I might be being bias as I'm not one for bright colours but I'm sure some of you will agree the fashion (clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery, etc) are a million times better and more exciting in the autumn, winter seasons. Plus I love layers - a good hat, scarf and gloves never fail.


The darker nights
Now when you were little I'm sure just like me it scared you when the days got darker sooner, also it was an absolute nightmare trying to get out your bed for school in the morning when it's still dark and cosy. But now I'm older I really appreciate the darker days - just cuddle up with a good film or a good book and a hot brew.
Another good reason to enjoy them; pamper nights! Now the day is getting darker sooner you tend not to go out as much especially because it's getting colder too. What a perfect reason to take a gorgeous Lush bath and just relax with some candles and bubbles. 


Dark nails and dark lipstick
This is possibly the Wednesday coming out in me, but I enjoy darker nail varnishes over neons or pastels. As pretty as they are, I feel a lot cleaner/elegant with darker nail varnish. 
(Or maybe I'm just a closet goth)
MUST HAVE COLOURS:
Essie - Wicked 
O.P.I - Lincoln Park after dark 
Also a strong lip never goes a miss either - pale skin, winged eye liner, rosy cheeks and dark lipstick -perfecto! 


HALLOWEEN!
I've noticed girls go more ape shit over Halloween than boys, but who doesn't love a reason to dress up with their friends, get very drunk and if you can still get away with it - go Trick or Treating! 
Or even having a house party with your friends and playing all the games you used to play with your parents when you were little - they never get old. 
Also who doesn't love chopping up a pumpkin and getting frustrated when it's face looks stupid, just stupid. 
Have you got your costume sorted? Times ticking dear!


Hot Chocolate!
My all time fave drink (obviously it just had to be). Not long now before it's red cup season and Starbucks bring out their cups - however does anyone else feel they should up their game after Costa's last year? 
Still stupidly excited for it though! - I know you are too!


Bonfire night
Unfortunately this will only really apply to my Liverpool/Aigburth readers but who's excited to go to Sefton park this year and then get a bag of chips on the way home? I am!
I'm sure where ever you're watching them this year it will be magical. You can never get bored of fireworks and it's such a great excuse to wrap up cute and go out with all your friends and watch something that only usually happens once a year. Also trying to write your name with a sparkler! - Eeeeek!


The crisp leaves
Now I know this is the old woman coming out in me, however I adore a walk in the autumn when your toasty but your nose is freezing and bright red, and you just appreciate all the tree's looking bare but beautiful with your feet shuffling through the piles of leaves on the floor. 
I live very close to a massive park so I enjoy taking my camera out and taking some very beautiful photos and I'm sure most of my fellow photography students also enjoy this!


Winter films
Who doesn't love cuddling up in their fave onesie or over sized jumper, with some slipper boots on - a hot chocolate to hand with the fire roaring, candles lit, curtains closed and snuggling down to your favourite autumn/winter/christmas film?
My faves: The holiday (JUDE LAW PLEASE), Love actually, ELF, The Hogfather, Home Alone 1,2 & 3, The Grinch, Hocus Pocus, Polar express, the Harry Potter collection, Frozen, About a boy and many more!
What's your favourite? Please give me some to watch this year. 
"Buddy the Elf, what's your favourite colour"?

My instagram bio reads:
'Writing, blogging, hot chocolate, porridge, open fires, cups of tea and coffee, cottages, arm chairs & the country side - 20 going on 60' 

So that probably tells you a lot about myself. I've always been winter girl at heart, I don't like being hot or the sun. I prefer layers, boots, cute scarf and hat sets plus SNOW! Yes, give me some snow!

What's your favourite time of the year? Are you looking forwards to everything I've mentioned?

Keep your eyes open because I have a lot of winter/festive posts planned including winter wonderland, recipes, cute decorations and present guides. 

Hope you're well my loves - you now have permission to turn Elton off!
Until next time
TTFN
xxx

Email: kirstiesarah@hotmail.com
Twitter: @_kirstiehowarth
Instagram: Kirstie_howarth 

X





No comments:

Post a Comment