Tuesday 14 October 2014

5 easy ways to feel good about yourself

Have you gotten yourself in that nasty rut which you know in the back of your mind you don't want to be in but for some reason can't pull yourself out of? High five, me too! 


I've gotten into that disgusting phase of 'letting yourself go' it tends to come with having a new boyfriend you feel comfortable around who's trying to fatten you up, or you just lack a bit of self esteem and energy to do anything about it (which happens to everybody, nothing to be ashamed of). 

Now Christmas is coming, winter is dawning in on us fast, layering clothes and big bulky coats are starting to become an every day essential.
I always find I get into an unhealthy fatty rut round this time of year, it's a little inevitable - all the best foods come out this time of year (I seen mince pies the other day), people buy you boxes of chocolate for Christmas and you just want to have a hot take away and stay in all warm and cosy every weekend.
However if all this is sounding familiar - don't fret pet; you don't have to drown your sorrows just yet.

What's that one thing you've always wanted to do but have given up on or made the lame excuse of 'haven't got the time'? Stop procrastinating and just do it! 
Even if it's something so trivial you'll feel better for seeing it through. You have nothing to lose, and it might be one of the most rewarding feelings of your life if you just get to it.
- So if it's rearranging out your bedroom, knitting a Christmas jumper for yourself or even sorting out some important finical issues.. Get it done and out of your mind, it's one less thing to think about! 

Keep/ get active - even though the 'slob' months are here, joining your local gym or going swimming for even an hour a week will make you feel a million times better about yourself.
We all need to stop being a bit lazy... A fit body, is a happy mind!
Only you know yourself how you truly feel about your appearance/ physique - but only you have the power to change that. It might be hard at the beginning but just keep thinking of the results! 
"Exercise releases endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands" - Elle knows! 

Stay social - I find it's more acceptable to stay home now it's getting colder especially of a weekend, the fire place seems more enticing that a bar and your dressing gown seems more intriguing than the new dress you just bought - however, you don't want to isolate yourself, keep your social calendar busy and your mind active. You can fall into a nasty pattern if you decide to keep yourself in all the time, it can become depressing. I understand not every body has money to go out all the time, and some weekends you just don't want to! That's fair enough, every body goes through this.
But if you're starting to notice a pattern in your routine, maybe getting out and changing it up a bit might make you feel a little better?

Hobby - a great way to keep your mind and physical self busy.
Try something new that you've always wondered about, what's the worst that can happen? Hobbies don't have to be completed and you're in control, however give something new ago, you might just surprise yourself.
I have a huge love for cooking but I'm quite lazy - however the days I do put in the effort I feel so motivated because I've done something for me, something I enjoy - there's no shame in being a bit selfish with your time and just doing something for you.

Everything in moderation - now I'm a lover of take away, chocolate, crisp and other junk food especially in the winter, but it can become a dangerous cycle which can leave you feeling rubbish about yourself inside and out.
Over the summer I was obsessed with fresh fruit juices which I made every morning and I don't know why/ when I decided to stop making them.
They're so quick and simple to make. Just because the sun isn't shining doesn't mean you can't make yourself some fruity drinking, they really cleanse your body.
The way I'm starting to see it - if I do a small work out (you don't want to push yourself too much) and eat quite healthy. Then I deserve that bar of chocolate or those crisp.
You won't feel so guilty for treating yourself if you've 'earned' it.

Let me know if you're in the same 'rut' as I am right now and what you're doing to try improve yourself! Do you have any tips for me that I haven't mentioned? I'd love to know!

Thanks for reading my loves - 
Never give up on yourselves. 
Change is acceptable and routine is admirable.
TTFN
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment